- His Highness Deputy Ruler of Dubai and Minister of Finance/President - His Highness Minister of Presidential Affairs/Vice President
And membership of the following:
- His Highness Minister of Public Works- His Highness Minister of Foreign Affairs- His Excellency Minister of Economy- His Excellency Minister of Cabinet's Affairs- His Excellency Minister of State for Financial Affairs- Governor of UAE Central Bank
1-Study and approve the main features of the annual draft budget of the federation and identify priorities of projects, programs and areas of spending in such a manner that shall guarantee balancing of expenses and estimated revenues.2-Propose the means for development of human resources, diversify sources of income, broaden base of revenues and increase general income of federal budget.3-Study the final accounts of the federal government, federal institutions, and the bureau of accounting reports on the closing accounts of the federal government and institutions as well as annual reports of courts.4-Propose general guidelines of the financial, monetary, and economic policies of the UAE and present the related recommendations on this matter to the cabinet.5-Study the projects of updating financial and administrative procedures to improve the level of government performance.6-Study the projects of economic and trade agreements to be signed and formulate a joint scenario for implementing such agreements and making recommendations on them to the cabinet.7-Set guidelines of the state stance on the issues raised within the framework of the GCC and other parties so that the concerned ministers may take the right positions about such matters.8-Study the monetary, economic and trade reports of the UAE.9-Submit to the cabinet a report on the recommendations and suggestions of the committee regarding the above-mentioned aspects and follow up the implementation of resolutions issued by the cabinet on these matters in coordination with the concerned parties.10-Any other duties assigned to the committee by the cabinet .
- His Excellency Minister of Justice/President - His Excellency Minister of state for Foreign Affairs/Vice President And membership of the following:
- Her Excellency Minister of Social Affairs - His Excellency Minister of Economy - His Excellency Minister of State for Finance - His Excellency Minister of Environment and Water - His Excellency Minister of State for National Council Affairs - President of Ministerial Committee for Legislations shall be the committee coordinator
1-Focus on suitability of the proposed legislations to the strategic plans and policies approved by the government and its effect on local governments and on the relations of the UAE with other countries . 2-Ensure that the proposed legislation addresses all aspects and matters on which legislation is to be issued in the first place. 3-Submit Proposals and Recommendations to the Cabinet on the following issues : A-Mechanisms proposed to prepare the public opinion and to address the effects arising after issuance of legislation . B- The Need for translating the proposed legislation into other languages.
- Representative of the Ministry of Justice/President - Representative of the Ministry of presidential affairs/Vice President And membership of the following:
- Representative of the general secretariat of the cabinet - Representative of the Ministry of State for federal supreme council affairs - Legal advisor for the ruler of the emirate of Abu Dhabi - Legal advisor for the ruler of the emirate of Dubai - Legal advisor for the ruler of the emirate of Sharjah - The committee may seek the assistance of external experts if needed
1- Review all articles of draft laws in terms of legal drafting style and ensure that there is no conflict between the draft laws and the previous valid legislations and that the provisions of the draft laws are clear and easy to understand and implement . 2- Solicit opinions from experts in the area of specialized legislations .
- His Highness Minister of Interior/President - His Excellency Minister of State for the federal supreme council affairs /Vice-President And membership of the following :
- His Excellency Minister of Economy - His Excellency Minister of Labor - Representative of ministry of foreign affairs - Representative of the National Security Council
1-Propose strategies and policies related to the demographic structure in the nation, and set out the strategic directions for facing the challenges in this area .2-Balance requirements of achieving economic growth with those of addressing the current imbalance in the demographic structure . 3-Identify responsibilities and set objectives of the relevant ministries and authorities and coordinate efforts to enhance efficiency of demographic policies .
- His Excellency Minister of state for the Federal National Council Affairs/President - His Excellency Minister of Labor/Vice President And membership of the following:
- Representative of the ministry of Interior - Representative of the ministry of foreign affairs - Representative of the ministry of justice- Two member representatives from the private sector to be selected by the president of the committee - Secretary General of the ministry of state for the Federal National Council as a member and reporter of the committee
The Standing Committee to Follow-up and Monitor Developments Affecting the Reputation of the UAE .
The committee follows up on the developments and issues affecting the country's reputation abroad. The aim is to reflect the country's progress in the international media in a positive, balanced and objective manner, and without exaggeration or distortion, especially on issues related to foreign workforce, respecting human rights, or other issues that are repeatedly published or appear in the international media. The committee monitors these reports, suggests how they should be handled, and conveys the same to competent authorities to study and take necessary action. The final report is then submitted to the Cabinet.
- His Excellency Minister of state for Federal National Council Affairs /President- Two member representatives or more from the entities listed below:
- Ministry of Interior - Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Ministry of Justice - Ministry of Labor- State Authority - Ministry of Health - UAE Red Crescent Authority - Ministry of Social Affairs - Federal Prosecution - Abu Dhabi Public Prosecution- Dubai Public Prosecution - Ministry of state for Federal National Council Affairs - Emirates Human Rights Association- Assistant Secretary General of Ministry of state for Federal National Council Affairs-as a Reporter- Representative from the Ewaa Shelter for Women and Children in Abu Dhabi- Representative from the Dubai Foundation for Women and Children victims of human trafficking
This Committee coordinates anti-human trafficking efforts at all levels in the country.
The responsibilities of the Committee include developing the framework by which the new anti-human trafficking Federal Law 51 is implemented; studying and revising human trafficking legislation with the aim of bringing the UAE efforts in line with international standards and improving national legislation to address realties on the ground; creating resources to increase public awareness of human trafficking issues; developing victim sensitivity training for the relevant bodies and individuals dealing with victims of trafficking; and representing the UAE officially in handling international requests, enquiries, and delegations related to human trafficking issues.
- His Excellency Minister of Economy / President - Undersecretary of Ministry of Economy/Vice president
And membership of the following :
- General Manager of Emirates Standardization and Metrology Authority - Assistant undersecretary of pharmaceuticals and supply affairs at ministry of health - Assistant undersecretary on social development - Secretary general of the UAE union of Chambers of Commerce and Industry - Manager of the office of the undersecretary of minister of interior - Director general of Umm Al Quwein Economic Development Department - Assistant undersecretary of General Secretariat of Municipalities - Legal Affairs manager of Federal Customs Authority- Abu Dhabi - Administration and Licensing manager of Ras Al Khaimah Economic Development Department - Commercial Affairs manager of Abu Dhabi Planning and Economy Department - Manager of Finance and Human Resources of Ministry of Justice - Manager of Commerce Control at Sharjah Economic Development - Deputy chairman of the board of directors of the Consumer Cooperative Union - Manager of Commerce Protection and Control Department at Dubai Economic Development Department - Head of Fujairah Industry and Economy Department - Head of the Finance Department of Ajman Economic Development Department - Assistant General Manager of Shared Services of Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority - Legal researcher from Ministry of Economy - Representative of Emirates Association for Consumer Protection - Head of Consumer Protection Department-Member and reporter of committee
1- Draw up the general policy of consumer protection and conservation of consumer health, safety and rights .2- Propsoe draft laws and regulations on consumer protection .3- Set policies to achieve the principle of honest competition and combating monopoly .4- Set general regulatory controls to improve commodities and services quality .5- Recommend adding more principles other than the ones specified in bylaws to define and identify the abnormal increase in prices . 6- Recommend adding any new cases, which are considered as monopolistic ones that are detrimental to national economy and consumers as well .7- Recommend taking necessary measures and solutions to guarantee consumer protection from any harm due to any crisis or any unusual circumstances occurring in the market and creating abnormal increases in prices .8- Set policies on raising consumers awareness and urging them to adopt certain methods of consumption rationing .9- Evlauate the necessary suggestions and recommendations on resolving disputes and handling complaints amongst suppliers and consumers .10- Set the necessary procedures and regulatory controls to reduce usage of the various means of advertisement for misleading consumers .11- Set procedures that can guarantee fair and just commercial dealings and protect consumers in all his transactions in the market .12- Strive to develop applicable rules and regulations in such a manner that would achieve stability of the market and its transactions .13- Appoint external auditors to audit committee accounts, and define his or her annual remuneration package .14- Open a separate special account at any national bank operating in the country under the name of the committee to receive any donations and gifts from the government and non-government organizations, institutions and companies, which shall be subject to the committee supervision .15- Set up reconciliation committees to settle disputes relating to consumers. Such committees shall be formed by a decision of the minister, representing the ministry, chambers of commerce, competent local authority and the consumer protection association. Resolution issued on formation of the same shall determine its responsibilities and functions. 16- Establish committees from among those who have experience and skill that would handle studying contracts on all various aspects of consumption and issue recommendations on the conditions that are unjust towards consumers. A ministerial resolution on formation of the same and responsibilities shall be issued. 17- Look into other issues on consumer protection that are referred to the committee by the minister .
1-Propose and coordinate policies, strategies and economic development programs across the UAE .2-Strive to remove any disparities between federal and local economic procedures and regulations to achieve their unity, coherence and integration .3-Enahnce economic cooperation amongst various emirates of the country .4-Propose and express opinion on legislations that regulate the economic sector in the UAE and suggest the necessary amendments in accordance with the recent local, regional and international developments.